Friday, February 28, 2014

The Last Two Weeks

Super cute text boxes on my new phone



    I wasn’t sure what I wanted to write about, because I have a few things.  I think I’ll just write about all of them.
    First, I got a new phone (I’m going chronologically here).  I got it about two weeks ago.  It’s a Galaxy S4, and so far I like it.  Everything is relatively easy to figure out, and the screen is nice.  The graphics are nice.  Taking pictures is nice.
    I got it because I went to the mall with my dad to look at phones for him, my mom, and my brother.  And I ended up with a phone.  Anyway.  My Dad wanted to look at the Windows phone AT&T has.  He did, it’s nice.  So far only AT&T has it, and my mom hates AT&T.  So he asked the guy questions when we were buying my phone (because it’s never as quick as you think it’s going to be).  I’m now officially on the JUMP “plan” T Mobile has, which means that (with some restrictions, of course), I can get a new phone every 6 months without having to pay for the rest of my phone (ie, $240 phone = $10/month for 24 months.  Cancel after 6 months, do not need to pay $180).  That’s nice, because being stuck with a phone for 2 years usually ends up sucking.  You don’t do it, and you suck it up and pay a bunch of money (or, like me, have phones that break through no fault of your own and thus do not cost money to have replaced).  Now, when a phone starts to shit the bed, if I still like it I can get it replaced, I suppose, but I could go find something I potentially like better.  It’s pretty nice.
    So nice, in fact, that last weekend, my whole family went to the T Mobile store and got new phones.  That’s right, I finally won them over after all these years of telling them Verizon sucks.  I mean, every carrier has problems, but my ex boyfriend was always complaining about Verizon, and I honestly haven’t heard really anyone complain about T Mobile.  I have service gaps where it appears almost everyone else has service gaps, and as a whole they just seem like a less ghastly company.  And apparently JUMP insurance covers phone theft.  So after a few hours of my Saturday, my mom and brother also have Galaxy S4s (my mom and I have white, my brother has black), and my dad has a black Galaxy Note 3.
    This is kind of a nightmare.  Up till now, they all only had flip phones.  Now, they can text, and they need to program things and use a touch screen.  And who knows how to do all this already?  Me.  I’m so sick of toggling with Galaxy settings.  Good thing mine was all set first, or I’d be suffering through life with a phone not set the way I like it.  Which leads me to: the text message settings are super cute.  As you can see from the picture.  But it’s also a nightmare because now my mom is texting me.  It hasn’t actually been too bad yet, but I have a gut feeling it’ll get scary at some point.
    In other news, I worked over vacation, which meant all three of the programs in my town were at the same school.  I had that kid that freaked out last time, and he freaked out again.  Every. Single.  Day.  Well, maybe not, because we were closed on Monday and I was sick on Tuesday.  But all three days I was there he did.  The nonverbal kid from my program also bit the director of another program, which is unheard of from him.  This week, one of the most well-behaved kids in our whole program freaked out and had to go home on Wednesday.  Then yesterday, the nonverbal kid freaked out really bad, and my director and I spent a good forty five minutes restraining him, during which time he bit both of us.  Not hard, but still scary.  He was asked not to come to the program today.  My director is meeting with his mom to talk about things and set up an arrival routine that more closely mirrors his arrival routine at school, to see if that helps.  I still like my job, but this is making me afraid to have children.  What if one of them is nonverbal and starts biting people out of the blue?  What if one of them is a ticking time bomb?
    On a positive note, I ordered these hawt pumps from Amazon and they came yesterday.  They’re ivory with turqouise heels and they have a peacock feather design on them.  I don’t know when yet, but I know I’m wearing them to a school thing this summer.  If the mountain won’t come to Mohammad, Mohammad is going to give the mountain blue balls and make it rue the day it turned him down.

hawt

2 comments:

  1. I happen to like T-Mobile very much. I've been with them for years now.

    LOL, I like the way you think, make him suffer for not making up his damned mind. It;s only fair since he wants to play around a little with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've never had anything to complain about with them, and I've been with them for almost eight years.

    Haha thank you! I figure I might as well have some fun. :P I used to be a champion blue-baller, it's time I put my skills to work again. Plus, who knows, if I'm vamping around campus, maybe a first-semester writer will notice me and snap me up, and then wouldn't *Eddie* be in an awful position. :)

    ReplyDelete