Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year!

    Well, 2016 was...a year.  I’m glad it’s over, but I suppose some good things did happen.  I kind of fell off the wagon as far as my good things jar goes, but I’ll try again this year.  Also, I would have written this yesterday, but the new year kindly greeted me with a vicious stomach bug/food poisoning at 5 in the morning.
    So!  Good things.  I visited my friends in Seattle and Spokane in the Spring.  I went to my first Anime Boston, my first Comic Con in a few years, and an Anime Con in New Hampshire.  I got a new job, courtesy of a former co-worker, who is now my co-teacher.  I met a student of mine who is beyond my favorite.  My new job is great and super laid back and the company cares about the children and the families (and the teachers!), not just academic output.  There is always more to life than academic output.  I was introduced to a distillery that I quite enjoy.  A new Harry Potter book (sort of) came out, and a new Harry Potter movie came out.  I bought plane tickets to go see my friends in Spokane in both April and October (when they will be married).  I have developed a very solid and meaningful connection with my co-teacher, which was there before, but now is that much stronger.
    I’m sure there are other good things, but this is what stuck out.  It is my goal to focus on the good things, which is an important goal because, as far as my own life goes, I tend to be the very definition of Debbie Downer.  I can always see the positives for other people, and usually try to help them see it, but I’m pretty bad at doing it for myself.  I’m going to do my best to stay on top of the good things jar, but at the very least to keep the good things at the front of my mind.
    Happy New Year, everyone, and good luck in 2017!

2 comments:

  1. The good things jar is awesome. I did that a couple of years ago and might have done it again last year had I remembered in the midst of the move. LOL. I might do it again this year. But also, if you scrap book, the good things jar serves as a memory marker too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't scrap book, but that's a good idea if I decide to start. ^_^

      Delete