Saturday, November 28, 2015

No-Shave November

This is 28 days' worth of leg hair.  Seriously, the last time I shaved was Halloween.

All nice and smooth and power-tweezed.
    So this year, to be obnoxious, I decided to participate in No-Shave November.  Only my legs, not my armpits or lady bits or anything.  Originally, my brother had agreed to do No-Shave November, too, but he wimped out about 6 days in.  At first, it was a little weird to keep feeling hair when I put lotion on, but I eventually stopped noticing.  J made a face when I told him I was doing it, and I said that if it got weird to just tell me and I’d shave, but he never did.
    I decided that instead of shaving, I’m going to use the epilator I got a while ago.  It’s pretty much a bunch of electric tweezers.  So I did that today, hence the pictures.  At first it freaking hurt, but after a while I couldn’t feel it at all.  It took kind of a long time, and it’s not perfect, but I read somewhere that the first few times it’s a little weird, and after that your body sort of gets into the groove.  Which makes sense, because it was that way when I started laser treatments, too.  The first few times my body was like, “Woah, wait, I will not be hairless!”  And now it’s just sort of given up.
    If this epilating thing works, then I won’t need to shave anymore, and the longer I do it, the less frequently I’ll have to do it, which is nice.  I’m all about doing extra stuff now to save time later.  And I didn’t cut myself, which is nice, cuz I almost always shave the back of my ankle off.
    Tonight I’m going to the Zoo Lights at the Stone Zoo with my brother and one of my friends/co-workers, E.  We’re going to Kowloon afterward, which’ll be fun cuz it’s Kowloon, but it’ll also be fun cuz E’s never been there before.
    I’m trying not to think too much about work, but I’m not really having much success.  I’m just so bummed.  I don’t want to be there anymore, but I like all the people I work with.  I just hate feeling like I’m just a body to stick wherever it’s convenient, and I hate feeling like I’m being punished when I didn’t do anything wrong (at least nothing I can think of).

No comments:

Post a Comment